Matt has been a published photographer specializing in landscape, travel and tourism photography for ten years. He teaches photography to beginners as well as experienced photographers.
Matt is an avid hiker and camper, and has traveled the West Coast extensively. It was Vancouver Island’s unique beauty which inspired him to choose a career in photography.
Matt’s expertise, infectious enthusiasm for life, and wilderness experience makes him the perfect host and guide.
Welcome to the exhilarating West Coast of Vancouver Island! Hop in our complimentary Trek West JEEP and travel along Juan De Fuca’s spectacular Island coastline. The coastline is not the only place we can venture; There is so much to see!
You will encounter dazzling waterfalls; tread ancient coastal forests; comb dramatic beaches, with its roaring surf; view panoramic vistas and visit intimate Island treasures.
We all aspire to evocative photography. It is captivating and elevating, astonishing audiences. It conveys alluring beauty and preserves stories for generations. Regardless of your current skills, TrekWest will help develop your image-capturing potential, with professional coaching, providing you with keys for creating your own extraordinary photos.
Trip & Activity Information:
Please book a Zoom Session or email Matt to hear about the highlights and offers to narrow down details of your custom Trek West Adventure.
If you have any questions about the physical activities, please email: Matt@mattshannonphotography.com
What IS included:
- photography instruction from an experienced photographer that specialize in nature, commercial and aerial photography
- demo LEE Photography filters
- demo FLM Canada tripods
- F-Stop Gear backpack discount code for registered participants
-Both Bottled water and a large jug of water to re-fill your water containers or travel mugs
What is NOT included:
- All meals (depending on custom package)
- Medical insurance is required for this remote access trip (read below before you register)
- Trip cancellation / trip interruption insurance
- Your personal items and camera gear
Recommended Camera Gear:
Camera – DSLR, camera on your phone
• Camera Manual (hard copy or PDF)
• Batteries – Bring extra batteries as you don’t want to be caught with a dead baEery when it’s [me to shoot.
• Storage Media – Bring as many CF, SD or other types of cards that your camera uses as you feel necessary, and
plan for 3 additional. You can download your images during the day, but considering how relatively inexpensive
storage cards are today, having additional ones on hand are a good insurance for failed cards.
• Lens/Camera Cleaning Equipment – Lens wipes, clothes, & sensor cleaning supplies.
• Tripod – a sturdy tripod with a good head is essential.
• Backpack – A comfortable backpack to hold your equipment.
• Rain gear for you and your camera.
• Pen/notebook to take notes.
• Flashlight or headlamp
Recommended Clothing & Gear:
• Dress in layers given the changing weather conditions during the day
• Sturdy waterproof hiking boots
• Fleece or down Jacket or any warm sweater
• Warm Hat and Gloves
• Rain gear for you and your camera/equipment
• Water Bottle
• Small back pack for snacks, water bottle, and additional clothing (hat, jacket, gloves…etc)
• Cooler for food.
• Headlamp (I will bring extra for use)
• Pillow and blanket if you want to sleep on the drive
• Extra socks for wet conditions.
• Change of shoes for evenings at your accommodations.
Payment & Cancellation Policy:
- Full payment + 5% GST due at time of booking
- workshop is held rain or shine
- liability waiver must be signed prior to workshop
- no refunds, unless we decide to cancel the workshop for unforeseen reasons then a 100% refund is given (i.e. we are sick or injured, a hurricane is in the area, etc.)
- payment accepted by PayPal, e-transfer to Matt@mattshannonphotography.com - Canada only, (e transfer amount is $208.95 including GST)
* NOTE VERY IMPORTANT:
If you wish to purchase travel insurance including cancel for any reason, this must be purchased within 72 hours of your booking / deposit being made. We CANNOT change this policy. After your register, BUY your insurance. If you want a contact number of who to call, please request by email: Matt@mattshannon.ca
Click the fill out forum to get started and find out when your Photography Workshop Begins!
*Please check your Spam folder, Promotions folder or Social Media folder after submitting your request